General Manager Report
Engagement Letter – Kathi Dye, CPA
Order Calling Directors Election
Order Desig Mtg Place Inside District
Reso Concerning Tax Exemptions – 2018
Tentative Joint Contract May 2018
NOTICE OF MEETING
DIRECTORS OF DENTON COUNTY FRESH WATER SUPPLY DISTRICT NO. 1-B
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 7, 2018 AT 5:00 P.M.
2540 KING ARTHUR BLVD., SUITE 220, LEWISVILLE, TEXAS 75056
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN pursuant to V.T.C.A. Government Code, Chapter 551, that the Board of Directors of Denton County Fresh Water Supply District No. 1-B will meet in regular session, open to the public, at the above date, time and location, at which meeting the following items will be considered:
1. Call to Order;
2. Public communications and comments.
3. Adopt Minutes of Meeting held December 6, 2017.
4. Hear and discuss security report from Security Committee.
5. Report from DCFWSD 1-A with regard to:
A. Monthly Construction Activity.
B. Monthly Water and Sewer Reports.
C. Task/open issues list compiled at the request of all Districts.
D. Report on reclaimed water use.
E. Security Report, including review of crime reports from City of Lewisville.
F. Street Repairs and Top 10 List of Repairs.
6. Consider approval of Agreement with Kathi Dye, CPA, LLC;
7. Report from Kathi Dye, CPA, LLC, as bookkeeper, financial officer, and investment officer, with regard to DCFWSD 1-B finances and recommendations regarding financial matters. Take any and all actions necessary or appropriate related to such matters.
8. Consider approval of audit for fiscal year ended September 30, 2017;
9. Review tax collection report, and take any necessary action in connection therewith.
10. Discuss DCFWSD 1-B web site and consider approval of website updates and content.
11. Hear Attorney’s Report, including:
A. Consider adoption of Resolution Concerning Tax Exemptions for 2018;
B. Consider adoption of Resolution Implementing 20% Penalty on 2017 Delinquent Taxes;
C. Consider adoption of Order Calling Directors Election;
D. Consider approval of Joint Election Agreement with Denton County; and
E. Consider adoption of Order Establishing and Designating Meeting Place Inside District Boundary.
12. Review and consider items to add to the next Board agenda.
Pursuant to V.T.C.A. Government Code, Chapter 551, the Board of Directors may convene in closed session to discuss matters relating to pending or contemplated litigation, personnel matters and real estate transactions. Upon the written request of at least five (5) residents of the District, the Board of Directors (the “Board”) may be required to designate a meeting place and hold meetings within the District should the Board determine that the current meeting place deprives residents of a reasonable opportunity to attend meetings of the Board. In the event the Board of Directors fails to act, five (5) residents may petition the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (the “Commission”) to designate a meeting place within the boundaries of the District. In the event the Commission determines the current meeting place used by the Board deprives residents of a reasonable opportunity to attend meetings of the Board, the Commission may designate a meeting place to be used by the Board until the next election.
EXECUTED this 31st day of January, 2018.
DENTON COUNTY FRESH WATER SUPPLY DISTRICT NO. 1-B
Julianne B. Kugle
Sanford Kuhl Hagan Kugle Parker Kahn LLP
Attorneys for the District