NOTICE OF MEETING
DIRECTORS OF DENTON COUNTY FRESH WATER SUPPLY DISTRICT NO. 1-B
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 2, 2020 AT 5:00 P.M.
Notice is hereby given that the Board of Directors of Denton County Fresh Water Supply District No. 1-B will meet in regular session via ZOOM audio/video conference at 5:00 p.m., on Wednesday, September 2, 2020. This audio/video conference meeting is authorized by the suspension of certain provisions of Chapter 551, Texas Government Code, as described below. To participate in the meeting using ZOOM, the Meeting ID is 843 7437 6496 and the Passcode is 218619. The dial in number to participate by audio only is 1 346 248 7799, the Meeting ID is 843 7437 6496 and the Passcode is 218619. Electronic copies of the meeting materials are available at http://castlehillsgovernment.com/1b/ at such time as the meeting occurs. At the meeting the following items will be considered and acted on:
1. Call to Order;
2. Public communications and comments.
3. Adopt Minutes of Meetings held August 5, and August 13, 2020.
4. Hear report from City of Lewisville regarding proposed annexation of Castle Hills districts.
5. Hear and discuss security report from Security Committee.
6. Report from DCFWSD 1-A with regard to:
A. Monthly Construction Activity.
B. Monthly Water and Sewer Reports.
C. Task/open issues list compiled at the request of all Districts.
D. Report on reclaimed water use.
E. Security Report, including review of crime reports from City of Lewisville.
F. Street Repairs and Top 10 List of Repairs.
G. Discuss replaced landscaping.
7. Discuss and consider adoption of Denton County FWSD 1-A Facilities and Operations Management Budget (‘FOMB’) for fiscal year ending September 30, 2021.
8. Report from Dye and Tovery, LLC, as bookkeeper, financial officer, and investment officer, with regard to DCFWSD 1-B finances and recommendations regarding financial matters, and review of tax collection report. Take any and all actions necessary or appropriate related to such matters, including:
A. Consider adoption of budget for fiscal year ending September 30, 2021.
9. Consider engagement of auditor to perform audit for fiscal year ending September 30, 2020.
10. Discuss possible tax rates and related calculations.
11. Hear report from Park Committee and take any action thereon.
12. Discuss DCFWSD 1-B web site.
13. Hear Attorney’s Report, including:
A. Consider adoption of Resolution Evidencing Review of Investment Policy and Investment Strategies.
14. Review and consider items to add to the next Board agenda.
Pursuant to the March 16, 2020, Declaration by the Governor of the State of Texas, certain requirements of Chapter 551, Texas Government Code, have been suspended in response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) disaster. This action allows governmental bodies to conduct meetings by telephone or video conference to advance the public health goal of limiting face-to face meetings (also called “social distancing”) to slow the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
EXECUTED this 26th day of August, 2020.
DENTON COUNTY FRESH WATER SUPPLY DISTRICT NO. 1-B
Julianne B. Kugle
Sanford Kuhl Hagan Kugle Parker Kahn LLP
Attorneys for the District