NOTICE OF MEETING
DIRECTORS OF DENTON COUNTY FRESH WATER SUPPLY DISTRICT NO. 1-B
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
TUESDAY, AUGUST 31, 2021 AT 5:00 P.M.
Notice is hereby given that the Board of Directors of Denton County Fresh Water Supply District No. 1-B will meet in special session via ZOOM audio/video conference at 5:00 p.m., on Tuesday, August 31, 2021. This audio/video conference meeting is authorized by the suspension of certain provisions of Chapter 551, Texas Government Code, as described below.
To participate in the meeting using ZOOM, the link is
To participate by phone, call: 1 346 248 7799
The Meeting ID is: 848 7103 0895
The Passcode is: 772898
Electronic copies of the meeting materials are available at http://castlehillsgovernment.com/1b/ at such time as the meeting occurs. At the meeting the following items will be considered and acted on:
1. Call to Order;
2. Public communications and comments.
3. Adopt Minutes of Meeting held August 4, 2021.
4. Conduct Public Hearing on tax rate.
5. Consider adoption of Order Setting Tax Rate and Levying Tax for 2021.
6. Approve Amended Notice to Sellers and Purchasers within the District.
7. Hear report from City of Lewisville regarding proposed annexation of Castle Hills districts and take any action thereon.
8. Hear update from communication committee.
9. Hear and discuss security report from Security Committee.
10. Report from DCFWSD 1-A with regard to:
A. Monthly Construction Activity.
B. Monthly Water and Sewer Reports.
C. Task/open issues list compiled at the request of all Districts.
D. Report on reclaimed water use.
E. Security Report, including review of crime reports from City of Lewisville.
F. Street Repairs and Top 10 List of Repairs.
G. Discuss replaced landscaping.
11. Discuss and consider adoption of Denton County FWSD 1-A Facilities and Operations Management Budget (‘FOMB’) for fiscal year ending September 30, 2022.
12. Report from Dye and Tovery, LLC, as bookkeeper, financial officer, and investment officer, with regard to DCFWSD 1-B finances and recommendations regarding financial matters, and review of tax collection report. Take any and all actions necessary or appropriate related to such matters, including:
A. Consider adoption of budget for fiscal year ending September 30, 2022.
13. Consider engagement of auditor to perform audit for fiscal year ending September 30, 2021.
14. Hear report from Park Committee and take any action thereon.
15. Discuss DCFWSD 1-B web site.
16. Hear Attorney’s Report, including:
A. Hear report from Abernathy Roeder Boyd Hullett.
B. Discuss meeting location and meeting protocol after September 1, 2021.
C. Adopt Resolution Evidencing Review of Investment Policy and Investment Strategies.
D. Discuss formation of list of priorities for submission to City of Lewisville.
17. Review and consider items to add to the next Board agenda.
Pursuant to the March 16, 2020, Declaration by the Governor of the State of Texas, certain requirements of Chapter 551, Texas Government Code, have been suspended in response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) disaster. This action allows governmental bodies to conduct meetings by telephone or video conference to advance the public health goal of limiting face-to face meetings (also called “social distancing”) to slow the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). Pursuant to V.T.C.A. Government Code, Chapter 551, the Board of Directors may convene in closed session to discuss matters relating to pending or contemplated litigation, personnel matters and real estate transactions.
EXECUTED this 26th day of August, 2021.
DENTON COUNTY FRESH WATER SUPPLY DISTRICT NO. 1-B
Julianne B. Kugle
Sanford Kuhl Hagan Kugle Parker Kahn LLP
Attorneys for the District